Police release PSG midfielder Aminata Diallo after investigating attack on fellow team-mate

Aminata Diallo, a midfielder for Paris Saint-Germain, has been released by police after she was arrested on November 10. 

Diallo was taken into custody by the Versailles Regional Police Service on Wednesday morning "as part of the proceedings opened following an attack on the club's players last Thursday evening," according to PSG. 

On Thursday, November 4, Diallo's fellow PSG and France midfielder Kheira Hamraoui was attacked in the street by two masked men, according to the French daily L'Equipe.

The club’s statement released on Thursday said: “Paris St Germain take note of Aminata Diallo’s release after police custody. 

"The club remains alongside its players to enable them to overcome this ordeal and quickly regain serenity. “Paris St Germain reiterates its confidence injustice to shed light on the events. 

"The club thanks everyone for showing restraint, respecting the presumption of innocence and the privacy of the team." 

At 6 am the morning after the match, Diallo was arrested at her home in Marly-le-Roi and taken into police custody.

Authorities were said to be investigating the possibility that Diallo hired goons to put her talented rival out of commission so she could join PSG's team.

The masked men who carried out the beating have yet to be identified by police. All PSG players and staff had attended a 'bonding' inner at the posh restaurant Le Chalet des Iles, located on an island in the Bois de Boulogne, Paris, just hours before the attack.

Diallo had offered to drive Hamraoui and another player, Sakina Karchaoui, home to the nearby Yvelines department, where all three live, after the meal.

Around 10.30 p.m., Diallo had just dropped Karchaoui off at her home when the masked assailants approached the car and dragged Hamraoui out.

One of them allegedly yelled obscenities at Hamraoui and beat her legs with an iron bar, while the other allegedly 'detained' Diallo without harming her. Both of the men fled after the attack lasted "a few minutes."

Before going to the hospital for stitches, Hamraoui immediately contacted PSG's head of security and the team's assistant coach.

Post a Comment